Saturday, May 1, 2010

Some things I think I think

Some things I think I think! Look at the really good web site call Draft Daddy.com and scroll down on its Blog page to see the NFL 2007 Hindsight Draft. It is unreal the flops that occurred in this draft. The Steelers did well in this draft getting Lawrence Timmons, Lamar Woodley, Matt Spaeth, and punter Daniel Sepulveda. Maybe one of all time bust of this draft came in the form of another QB JaMarcus Russell(LSU) as #1 choice overall to the Oakland Raiders. This guy got 39 Million guaranteed. He still has a chance to develop but I doubt it. Going back to a previous statement I made, teams may be better off trading out of the first round. Look at the first round QB's that did not pan out(which is a generous way of saying they flopped). 1998 draft #2 pick overall Ryan Leaf(Wash.State)Chargers, 1994 Heath Schuler(Tennessee) #3 overall Redskins, #3 overall in 1999 draft Akili Smith(Oregon)Bengals, and also in 1999 #12 overall Cade McNown(UCLA)Bears. What is going on here? Here is a trivia question for you all! What do these QB's have in common: Chad Pennington(Marshall), Giovanni Carmazzi(Hofstra), Chris Redman(Louisville), Tee Martin(Tennessee), Marc Bulger(WVU), and Spergon Wynn(Texas State). I will give you the answer on a later Blog, but I think many football draftniks will be able to supply the answer. Later on I want to switch gears and talk about our beloved Pittsburgh Pirates on some things I think I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment